1. Revlon Transforming Effects Top Coat in “Matte Pearl Glaze.” This is a matte top coat with a blue/pink pearl running through it. This made it into my monthly favourites because I’ve been having a lot of fun experimenting with it. It really changes the look of some of my favourite nail polishes. It’s also really nice quality. It dries fairly quickly and seems to be pretty chip resistant as well.
2. Cover Girl Full Lash Bloom. I got this a while ago and have already written a full review of it here. This is one that has really grown on me over time. I think it’s just one of those mascaras that gets better and better as it starts to dry out a bit. Lately I’ve been able to really build up the volume with this mascara, achieving an almost false lash-like effect.
3. Olay Regenerist Night Resurfacing Elixir. This is a new addition to my skin care routine and I am OBSESSED. This is a serum-like product that contains glycolic acid. I plan to write a full review of this soon, but I have nothing but good things to say so far. This helps with bumps and breakouts, but it is also very hydrating. It has completely cured the flakiness I usually get around my chin and between my brows.
4. Giorgio Armani Eye Tint in “Green Iron.” This gorgeous liquid/cream eyeshadow is awesome. Very versatile and nearly foolproof. I just dab a bit on my lids with the applicator and then blend out with a brush. You can achieve anything from a sheer wash of colour to full opacity, and it blends like a dream. I’ve also found it works equally well under or over powder shadows, so you can really experiment with it to achieve a variety of looks. (I’ve already ordered another one and will do a full review of both shades with swatches once it arrives.)
5. Revlon ColorStay Whipped Foundation. I’ve been experimenting with a few different drug store foundations recently, and so far this one is leading the pack. It has great coverage and a slightly dewy, skin-like finish. It’s really nice to find a foundation that can stand up to my oiliness that isn’t overly matte. I have this in the shade “Buff” and it’s a perfect match for me. As I said, there are a few that I’m trying out right now, but when I really want to look my best, I reach for this one.
6. Maybelline Fit Me Concealer. I tried this on my sister’s recommendation and find it to be an excellent all purpose concealer. It’s rare to find a concealer that I like for both under-eyes and redness/imperfections, but this one works equally well for both. It has good coverage and blends seamlessly into the skin. It’s quite hydrating, so it doesn’t accentuate dryness or settle into pores and fine lines. It’s a monthly favourite, but I see this being a staple item for me from now on.
7. Sephora Solid Brush Cleaner. This has revolutionized my brush cleaning routine. I don’t know how I ever lived without it. I wrote a review here.
8. Beauty Blender. I could write a poem about how much I love this sponge….but I won’t. I am very fussy about making sure foundation is seamlessly blended, and the Beauty Blender makes it so easy. I just spread the foundation on with my fingers and then use the BB to blend it out. Works like a charm every time. I can’t see myself ever using a brush for foundation again.
I love hearing what other people’s monthly favourites are. What were you obsessed with in April? Let me know in the comments.